As a trained clinical therapist and leadership coach, I feel compelled to offer simple talking points and healing tools for the leaders of a family to assist their tribe. While trauma can bring us to our lowest low, it also offers the opportunity of teaching how to listen to our hearts and find inner strengths. This book provides talking tips and healing tools to guide your child and family through the effects of trauma on our mind, body and spirit. These compassionate conversations and ways to manage stressors will provide your child with skills for not only the current trauma but the challenges ahead.
the upcoming hard copy launch of $2.00.
1. It’s OK not to be OK – how to talk about traumatic emotions
2. How can difficult emotions be good? Talking about the positives of shock, fear and anger and when they become harmful to us.
3. Helping others in need – Talking through survivor’s guilt and ways to help those still suffering
4. Being aware of social media – Talking through trauma discovered online, how social media can re-traumatize and a way for digital detox
5. Getting back into routine – Re-establishing safety and creating a safety code
6. Listening – Steps to creating a sacred, safe space for an open heart talk
7. Managing the stress monster – Talking tool and way to create a concrete understanding for managing stress
8. Understanding how stress affects the body – Awareness of the fight/flight/freeze response
9. Uncovering your personal and family stress thermometer – awareness of our internal states of being and empathy for stress in the family system
10. Ways for moving stress out – Learn eight powerful ways to move stress out of the body
11. Different helping tools – Assessment for the helper type that your child may be and how to help them assess the people they know
12. Compassion chats – Steps to giving and receiving compassion from others with a compassion process to try each day.
13. Visualization – Talking tool to explain the power of visualization
14. Meditation for managing tension
15. Negative Thought Zapper Visualization
16.Creating a Gratitude Ring – Steps to creating an environment where each person’s individual strengths are honored and interpersonal bonds are strengthened.
17. Creating a Gratitude Trigger – Steps to re-wiring your mind to be focused on gratitude.
18. Becoming an empathetic citizen